The ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta seek to fill the following position:
(Regional) HR Manager
(Resident Position 50% Jakarta and 50% Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta-based)
The ICRC Delegation in Jakarta is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to fill the above-mentioned position with bellow criteria:
The (Regional) HR Manager based in Jakarta and covering both Malaysia and Indonesia Delegations plans, organizes and controls the HR activities of the assigned area of responsibilities, ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of HR projects and programs are realized.
S/he brings insights on the HR matters, provides professional HR services and advice, ensures needs are translated into HR objectives and ensures HR strategies are aligned to the strategic objectives to enable responses to operational needs and challenges.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Is as a member of the respective management team and actively participates in the reflection, analysis and understanding of the working environment, giving upstream insight on HR impacts or requirements of the decisions potentially taken.
- Provides input developing HR strategies and objectives and/or implementing strategies developed by the respective management team, the HR Department/unit and the institution.
- Participates actively in the maintenance but also development of HR processes, policies and tools, feeding upward insight from the field to ensure that the changes proposed are relevant and sustainable for the field.
- As line manager, oversees and supports the implementation of HR responsibilities through HR Service Providers.
- Develops and monitors the annual HR budget.
- Acts as a focal point and centralized communication channel for all staff to transmit and explain all HR novelties new processes, policies and tools.
- Acts as a trouble shooter for matters blocked at HR service Providers’ level, liaising with the HR Partner and corresponding stakeholders in HQ and finding sustainable solutions to challenges
- Coaches and assists his/her team members in good HR Management practices and people management responsibilities (HR Capacity Building)
- Ensure the same and equal standard of HR services and practices are delivered as well for Dili office (in Indonesia) and in Malaysia ICRC Office(s).
- Support the Management in translating operational needs and challenges into local HR strategy and priorities.
- Provide support and report to the HR Partner any relevant information that may shape the Regional HR strategy and priorities
- In coordination with HR Partner, contribute to the regional thinking regarding HR frameworks (incl. processes, policies, and guideline) and provide feedback to GVA regarding the applicability and improvement of processes, policies and guidelines.
- Is responsible for the establishment and development of the HR management frameworks in both Delegations.
- Is responsible for the elaboration and the adequate application of local HR processes, policies and procedures in both delegations.
- In collaboration with Centres of expertise at HQ, validate the application of the HR frameworks in compliance with ICRC policies and legal obligations
HR organisation structure
- Is responsible for carrying out HR needs assessment and functions requirements for the existing and new HR departments.
- Is responsible for appraising the HR function, identifying areas for improvement and following-up on execution of improvement initiatives
- Ensure the elaboration of HR organisational charts and updated HR job descriptions on standard forms.
Collaboration and communication
- Facilitate the collaboration and communication between the Delegations and concerned HR units at HQ and in the Region
- Maintain regular collaboration with the employee representatives in both structures
Support to line managers
- Advise, coach and support the Line Managers and management team in good HR management practices and people management accountabilities.
HR controlling, reporting, audit and compliance responsibilities
- Is responsible for the budget of the HR departments in both delegations and monitors that HR headcounts are in line with the respective budget
- Perform HR management quality Assessments and provide HR recommendations and action plans
- Monitors STM Human Resources Services and ensures that the databases are up-to-date.
- Knows about local rules and regulations in particular the local Labor Law(s) and the social security system(s) of the country of assignment
- Responsible for the update of Staff Regulations and ensures compliance with institutional procedures and local Labor Law(s);
- Maintains a regular contact with the contracted legal advisor(s) to ensure compliance of the Regional Delegations with local laws in regard to HR Management;
Background and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with specialization in HR or equivalent
- Typically, 6 to 9 years work experience in a similar field
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive leadership experience in HR Management positions, such as HR Manager or another HR executive in a similar large organization
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Management and training skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience of HR good practices (especially in Indonesia, with experience in HR practices Malaysia an asset), profound knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- In-depth knowledge of employment law (especially Indonesian employment law, with knowledge of Malaysian labour law an asset), HR administration, workforce and organizational planning, compensation and benefits, recruitment, selection, and employee’s engagement
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application in English with cover letter, detailed CV to the Human Resources Department at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org while also CC email@example.com with the subject of HRM.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline to submit application: 25 November 2020
Starting date: 1 January 2021