The ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta seeks to fill the following positions:
Finance and Administration Manager
(Resident Position, Jakarta-based)
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for the integrity of financial and analytical accounting to the ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta. S/he oversees all financial resources and administrative activities, such as management of premises and staff travel.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Functional Responsibilities (70%)
- Supervises the accounts department and preparation of the annual budget/monthly forecast and risk reporting, cost-control and analysis of budget deviations.
- Ensures compliance with statutory reporting requirements and regularly assesses the financial situation (including treasury) of the Regional Delegation.
- Act as adviser, trainer and coach on all financial or economic matters for the teams running humanitarian projects.
- Is responsible for drawing up contingency measures to respond to critical changes in the operating context.
- Interprets institutional guidelines and policies in light of the local context, sees to it that these are strictly implemented and monitored, ensuring compliance with ethical standards and mitigating financial risks.
- Acts as co-signatory and finance interface for both authorities and commercial parties (suppliers, banks, etc.)
- Contributes with reliable forecasts and budget data to managerial decision-making on tactical (current fiscal year) and strategic (next fiscal year) matters.
- Oversees day-to-day financial management and maintenance of offices and residential premises; maintains an appropriate security set-up, including safe accommodation for all mobile staff.
- Contributes to Risk Assessment analysis, focusing on risks related to real estate and finance. Implements and monitors risk-mitigation measures in his/her area of responsibility, in close liaison with technical departments.
- Leads and initiates measures to reduce energy consumption and implements “gap-closing” measures for the Regional Delegation. identified in the Sustainability Assessment.
Support to Timor-Leste Office (20%)
- Provides technical supervision of Finance & Administration.
- Ensures that the office in Timor-Leste is having all the relevant administrative guidelines and provides relevant support and coaching.
- Ensures that all administrative and financial procedures are properly established and followed.
- Coordinates and ensures regular onsite support visits within his team, and also personally does support visits (at least one per year).
- Ensures proper follow up of visits through reporting.
- Remote follow up of expenditures.
- Checks accounting documents on a monthly basis.
Support to Welcome and Premises unit (10%)
Oversees the management and the implementation of Welcome services (staff travel, residence permits and visa issuances) and Premises (office management).
Background and Experience
- University degree in business administration, finance/accounting or human resources, or hospitality management.
- Diploma in accounting (CPA/CMA or similar) / internal audit (CIA or similar) an asset.
- 6 years confirmed practical experience in finance, management or human resources, including at least 1 year in financial accounting/controlling.
- At least 1 year ICRC field experience for internal candidate.
- Fluent command of English, written and spoken.
- Experience in an international working environment, abroad or with an international organization/development agency.
- Computer literacy.
(Indonesian Resident position and Jakarta-based)
The HR Officer is responsible for HR life cycle within Jakarta Regional Delegation (covering Indonesia and Timor-Leste). S/he provides HR services autonomously, in line with the ICRC’s and the Regional Delegation’s policies and the applicable local laws and regulations.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
S/he autonomously maintains the lifecycle of HR management as well as transform it into the smooth delivery of HR services within the delegation, including but not limited to:
- Assists in the development, implementation and improvement of HR-related policies and procedures.
- Manages the full cycle of talent acquisition. Conversely, involves with staff disengagement.
- Administers compensation and benefit plans.
- Undertakes the yearly Performance Management & Development (PMD) and assists the Annual Salary Review (ASR).
- Acts as focal point for HR management issues and queries.
- Liaises closely with Staff Committee and Ombudsperson as necessary for employee-relations matters.
- Prepares HR-related files and documents.
- Liaises with line managers for updated Job Descriptions.
- Organizes and maintains physical and digital all respective HR files and documents.
- Updates, manages and runs internal HR databases and platforms.
- Process any HR disbursement, expenses and payment in line with Financial Rules.
Learning and Development (LnD)
- Promotes and drives the learning culture within the delegation.
- Acting as the training relay – an interface between delegation, Regional LnD team, and métier trainers for any learning opportunities and queries.
- Maps and analyzes learning and development needs.
- Facilitates and executes the organization and implementation of ad-hoc in-house trainings as necessary.
- Updates training databases.
Collaborates attentively with Staff Health Officer for any hands-on staff health and well-being queries such as but not limited to staff health medical supplies, insurance coverage, medical reimbursement and access to psychosocial support.
Background and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with specialization in HR or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in HR.
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of HR best practices.
- Profound knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- In-depth knowledge of Indonesian labour law and HR litigation.
- Well-rounded experience in HR administration, compensation and benefits, recruitment, selection, and employee’s engagement.
- Capacity of treating information confidentially.
- Effective organisation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethics and reliability.
Interested and qualified candidates with the required experience are invited to send their application in English with a cover letter and a detailed CV to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title ‘FAM’ for Finance and Administration Manager and ‘HRO’ for HR Officer. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline to submit application: 16 October 2022
Starting date: ASAP