The ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta seek to fill the following position:
(Resident Position, Jakarta-based)
The ICRC Delegation in Jakarta is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to fill the above-mentioned position with bellow criteria:
The Accountant is in charge of preparing, reconciling and analysing the accounting records and financial reports of the delegation under his/her responsibilities.
- Ensure all payments are valid with proper supporting documentation, approval signatures and correct imputation in the system.
- Manage preparation of bank account reconciliation statements, general bank correspondences & treasury management.
- Handle preparation and posting of accounting vouchers for all bank transactions.
- Sort Batch G (UT) & M documents ready for dispatch to FAD_REV.
- Confirm & analyse of financial accounts as well as prepare the compilation of quarterly balance confirmations as per message from FAD_REV.
- Prepare and process of payment vouchers in line with the ICRC rules on financial management (RFM), procedures and regulations.
- Ensure timely payment of invoices i.e. within 10 working days.
- GL distribution of accurate data in the accounting system, for non-supply chain invoices.
- Voucher matching in the accounting system for supply chain invoices.
- Print of accounting vouchers/batches, after posting has been done in the accounting system.
- Sort Batch V documents for dispatch to FAD_REV.
- Prepare and follow-up the yearly accrual files.
- Registration/logging of supplier invoices in the accounting system.
- Liaise with VAT consultant for the VAT application.
- Handle Timor-Leste Red Cross Society (NS) returns.
- In-charge of collating and dispatch monthly accounting documents to Manila.
- Monthly filing of the accounting documents and regular archiving of the same.
LARC & Cash entries Function
- Inventory accounting.
- Cash transaction accounting entries.
- Enter the statistics for environmental data, daily workers and premises dispositive on a monthly basis.
- Enter the budget set up data for statistics of residences and offices in the accounting system in January and updating on a monthly basis when necessary.
- Supervise Treasury situation for cash at the delegation under the supervision of Finance & Administration Manager
- Ensure that at any time, there is enough cash in the delegation and the cash limit set in our insurance declaration are respected
- Ensure daily cash payment
- Explain cash procedures to colleagues
- Perform daily cash control and issue daily cash statement according to the guideline given in F& A Manual
- Transfer the following items to the F&A Manager after closing of the cash office on daily basis, keys of the save in sealed envelope, daily cash statement, daily cash control sheet, open working advances, pending invoices, cheques books.
- Ensures that cash offices opening and closing hours are respected
- Preparation and recording of VAT exemption applications for both DJA and DIL in the VAT database, updating approved exemptions in the database, and dispatching the same to respective suppliers on a timely basis.
- Making frequent follow-ups of pending VAT to ICRC VAT Consultant.
- Ensuring that all invoices received in ICRC, whose value is greater than the minimum threshold set for VAT exemption are applied for.
- Sorting Batch UC/UA/W documents for dispatch to FAD_REV
Background and Experience
- Minimum Diploma in accounting;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field preferable
- 3-5 years of work experiences in similar field: such as finance, accounting, treasury and/or cashier;
- Computer efficiency and sound knowledge on accounting software;
- Good command of spoken and written both Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Good analytical skills;
- Detail-oriented personality;
- Capacity to work efficiently in a team;
- Cooperate effectively with internal and external clients;
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines; and
- Experience working in an IOs, NGOs, especially with the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement· .
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application in English with cover letter, detailed CV to the Human Resources Department at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org while also CC email@example.com with the subject of Accountant Application.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline to submit application: 28 March 2021
Starting date: ASAP