The ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta seek to fill the following position:
Logistics Assistant (Indonesian)
The ICRC delegation in Jakarta is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position with main responsibilities :
Purchasing (40 %)
- Carries out purchase in Jakarta and field locations as instructed
- Ensures correct purchasing procedures in reference to ICRC purchasing procedures, Financial rules and Code of Conduct;
- Follow the delivery schedule of the goods as per instructions in the relevant purchase order contracts;
- Ensure that all other conditions agreed with the supplier have been met, i.e. quality and quantity, marking, etc. and reverts back to supplier when different discrepancies arise;
- Participate in tender process;
- Coordinates and gives feedback to requester and supply chain about quality and specificity of items that can be found.
- Follows ICRC procurement procedures
- In the case of petty cash purchase, physically visit the local markets in order to procure goods;
- Confirms supplier’s reception of PO and agreement on terms and conditions;
- Liaises and coordinates with the Administration Department on financial issues.
- Liaises with dispatch and suppliers for the needs of air, road and rail transportation;
- Initiates requests for quotation for transport, makes selection tables and purchase contracts;
- Organizes to transport of all incoming and outgoing goods of the ICRC staff members.
Export – Import (10%)
- Prepare and assure that every documents needed are complete for the incoming and outgoing cargo / pouch and personal effect (i.e. Waybill, packing list, PP 19 letter, copy of passport, etc.)
- Aarrange and execute customs clearance of cargo / pouch (incoming and outgoing) if needed
- Comparing received goods with the enclosed documentation.
- Submitting the documents related to export / import clearance documents to the concern governments departmental (i.e. Secretary Cabinet, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc.)
- Gathering all relevant documentation required for custom clearance, submitting it to the Logistician to be furthered process then collecting the documentation upon custom clearance for file
- Measuring, marking, making specifications for the export of cargo / pouch and personal effects
- Announce and acknowledge the incoming and outgoing cargo / pouch and personal effect by message
- Do proper filling of all relevant documents concerning export and import in order to ensure full accountability and transparency.
Stock Management (10%)
- Assists in store keeping;
- Ensures all the stock items are accompanied by the appropriate documents;
- Checks stock levels with the direct supervisor, updates on the database and reports to the Logistician
- Confirms that reception, inspection of all items delivered to all types of stocks and documents signature (entry forms, packing lists, way bills) is done correctly.
- Makes sure property and carefully storage of all items. (FIFO and FEFO).
Supply Chain Management (5%)
- Supports in timely follow up of all incoming requisition orders and other requests as well as inquiries from the field and inform requesters on deadline and others relevant information;
- Receives incoming requisitions orders and uploading them in Field Supply System;
- Maintains and updates file per requisition orders with all correspondence and necessary documents;
- Has a clear overview of the status of items and requisition orders in the supply chain i.e. monitors requisition order status, ensures required deadlines are respected and updates Field Supply System requisition order status report;
Field Supply System (FSS) (10%) our own program
- Supports training to the users upon their request to create, submit and follow-up on requisition orders and check the stock position;
- Updates all information in Field Supply System;
- Exchanges electronics FSS files with other delegation as required
- Closes requisitions, once the paper files are completed;
- Submits claim reports to the Logistician/Logistic Coordinator for validation;
- Closes requisition orders; purchase orders, stock requisitions, entry forms, packing lists, claim reports and way bills once the paper files are completed.
- Helps the Field Supply System (FSS) database manager in providing proper descriptions & prices to goods for item coding whenever required;
- Closes in FSS the PO /RO whenever applicable;
- Keeps the PO module in FSS updated and closes PO files as per requirements on a monthly base.
Office Activities & Fleet Management Support (5%)
- Facilitates in Key Logistics Indicator and Dash board reporting after introduction
- Helps in the Annual Inventory
- Assists in any reporting related task
- Keeps files up to date at all times (purchase order files, Archive files, requisition orders files, vehicle files, supplier files);
- Interprets formally from English to National Language and vice versa during field visits and as required;
- Translate documents from English to National Language and vice versa as required;
- Assists in Fleet Management Tasks;
- Supports car dispatcher when required;
Minimum required knowledge & experience
- University Degree level or professional school of similar level
- 2-3 year work experiences in a similar field
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good command in local languages
- Good Computer Knowledge
- Confirmed capacity to adhere to general ICRC procedures
- Methodical Person
- Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement;
- Understands and adheres to the 7 Fundamental Principal of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Applies the security rules at all times;
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and supervisors;
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all time;
- Respects and observes staff regulations as well as the code of conduct of the ICRC;
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the organization;
- May be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
- Ensures the follow up of all messages and correspondence related to the work, in relation with the concerned interlocutors and/or departments;
- Maintains and develops his/her network of interlocutors;
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other interlocutors relevant to the position;
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding the environment and identity humanitarian trends and responses;
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, meetings and in the field and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image;
- Takes responsibility of own professional learning and development;
- Participates actively in meetings, including replacing Logistician during his/her absence.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a unique humanitarian institution in an international environment.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the Human Resources to email@example.com. before 22 October 2017
Please include cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, current remuneration and contact details of three referees. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.