The ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta seeks to fill the following position:
Facility Officer / Premises Responsible
The ICRC delegation in Jakarta is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position with bellow criteria:
Selection and installation:
- Monitors the premises market for apartments and houses in Jakarta makes suggestions of new solutions for the accommodation of international staff;
- Provides a premises market study on a yearly basis (updating about development of premises market, prizes, etc.);
- Participates in the selection of the premises and in the contract negotiation process;
- Prepares new contracts to be signed and ensures compliance to rules and regulations as well as standard practises of Jakarta Regional Delegation;
- Makes sure that residences are prepared and equipped according to housing policy and standard items list at the arrival of international staff;
Maintenance, utilities and cleaning:
- Makes regular tours in the premises set up and acts pro-actively to keep the premises in a good condition;
- Follows up on maintenance or purchase requests from residences and offices;
- Coordinates with the property owners and external contractors to arrange for the replacement of faulty equipment or major maintenance according to contractual responsibilities;
- Informs and updates the residents of the action taken within their residences;
- Establishes a list to follow up recurring maintenance duties (fumigation, pest control, A/C maintenance, hygiene of kitchen, fridges and water distributors, etc.);
- Makes sure that offices, apartments and houses are cleaned according to the institutional standards and that the team of maids and manual workers is managed in a professional manner.
Security set up:
- Ensures that measures for passive security are taken in all residences and in the office. Uses Database Security & Stress as reference for doing so.
- Monitors the performance of the sub-contracted team of security guards and maintains a regular contact with the security company on SOP, suggestions for improvements, etc.
- Contributes to the earthquake (and other large scale emergencies) contingency plan of the Regional Delegation;
- Ensures that 3M anti-blast film is applied in all offices, apartments and residences;
- Follows up lists of recurring maintenance duties in regards to passive security (fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, etc.)
- Contributes to the overall security analysis of the Delegation in regards to the premises;
- Ensures professional follow up of key management by knowing at any moment who was given which key and having double keys in a locked place of any key for any office, apartment or house of the Regional Delegation.
- Understands and applies Rules on Financial Management at any time;
- Makes sure that the premises files consisting of all relevant contractual information and correspondence is up to date;
- Ensures that we have inventory lists of all rented apartment and houses and updates whenever necessary;
- Prepares financial monthly forecast for rental fee payments and communicates with Finance and Accounting to avoid money shortages;
- Prepares monthly rental fee payments;
- Monitors deposit payments of all the premises and ensures that deposit amounts are reclaimed upon termination of the contracts;
- Controls and approves all premises related expenses and ensures timely payment according to internal regulations (electricity, water, etc.);
- Sets up and maintains a monitoring system to ensure timely payment of bills regarding to premises (electricity, water, etc.);
- Prepares reports and statistics on electricity and water consumption to reduce expenses;
- Creates and updates a list of suppliers and contractors (electrician, plumbers, painters, daily workers) with contact numbers;
- Maintains contact with landlords for contractual agreements and follows up on contract renewals or terminations;
- Updates premises list and ensures accuracy at any moment;
- Keeps premises standard items list up to date;
- Makes sure together with the F&A Manager that the housing policy is updated whenever needed but at least every three years
- Updates on a regular base on all ICRC premises related instructions and guidelines (F&A manual, security DB).
Support to Dili Mission Office in Dili (DIL), Timor-Leste:
- Supports DIL office in all premises related issues;
- Keeps DIL office updated on all issues related to premises management and makes field visits if necessary.
- Writes field trip reports based on given guidelines;
- Writes minutes of workshops and meetings whenever requested.
Office – Team supervision
- Supervises the team of domestic staff;
- Establishes monthly domestic staff working schedule and ensures holiday and absence control and replacement accuracy;
- Coaches and trains the domestic staff and provides them with support as needed;
- Establishes and maintains detailed task lists including clear schedules transparent to residents;
- Makes sure that Job Descriptions are up to date and makes suggestions for amendments;
- Is responsible of the yearly appraisal exercise for the staff under his supervision and follows the instructions given for doing so in F&A manual;
- Conducts monthly meetings with the team, discussing activities and future objectives;
Selection requirements and experience
- University degree or technical diploma or equivalent
- 2 years work experience in a similar field or real estate sector
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills, incl. spreadsheets
- Good management skills
- Good negotiation skills
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a unique humanitarian institution in an international environment.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th of June 2017. Please include cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, current remuneration and contact details of three referees. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.