The ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta seeks to fill the following position:
The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation in Indonesia wishes to advise
all potential candidates of the opening of a temporary position (6 months) for:
RECEPTIONIST IN JAKARTA
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC delegation in Jakarta is seeking an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position
- Receives incoming calls and transfer them to the concerned persons
- Takes messages from the callers and relay information to persons
- Receives visitors and inform concerned persons
- In charge of the management of Contacts database, phone list
- Organizes meetings upon request and deals with all logistical aspects involved
- Carries out other tasks such as photocopying, scanning
- Dispatches mail and distributes incoming mail
- Certification on reception work or Secretary Diploma
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a similar function
- Secretarial expertise
- Proficiency in English and excellent command in Indonesian
- Good computer skills, incl. Lotus Notes, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet, etc.
- Very good organisational, methodical abilities, sense of initiative, pro-activeness and setting priorities
- Flexibility, patience, and capacity to adapt to changes
- Service-oriented, multicultural profile
- Discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication skills and at ease with internal and external interlocutors
- Ability to work within a multicultural team and to integrate him/herself
Expected start: 01 September 2018
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the Human Resources Department to email@example.com, by 03 August 2018. Please include cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, a recent passport size photo, current remuneration and contact details of three referees. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.
Movement Cooperation Coordinator
Movement Cooperation Coordinator is the delegation’s focal point for issues related to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) and actively coordinates the building of positive relationships between the ICRC and other Movement components, particularly the local operating Red Cross National Society (NS) in Indonesia and Timor Leste.
S/he works closely with the delegation’s management to develop its Movement cooperation strategy and provides regular analysis of Movement dynamics and trends that could impact the ICRC’s operations.
- Supports the ICRC’s management by taking part in setting ICRC’s operational strategy by promoting and clarifying the strategic role of the NS (and other Movement components) and their respective capacities.
- Guides the development of joint procedures and operational partnership arrangements between ICRC and its Movement partners.
- Enhances the partnership skills of the delegation’s management and staff; oversees risk-management and accountability activities related to Movement partnerships.
- Ensures that operational partnership objectives and the ICRC’s overall input and strategies vis-à-vis the NS contain appropriate elements of capacity-building and the Safer Access Framework (readiness for operational in insecure context) so that the skills development and sustainability of the NS are enhanced.
- Fosters a common strategy among Movement partners for supporting the NS, particularly regarding integrity, revisions to legal basis and statutes, protection of the emblem/campaigns for correct use of the emblem and development/revision of laws on the emblem.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive overview of the Movement’s activities, capacity and affairs; advises the Head of Delegation and other ICRC staff on the ICRC’s position within the Movement, relationship management and coordination activities.
- Guides the delegation in finding proper models for Movement cooperation in terms of leadership, operational coordination, communications, fundraising and security management.
- Supports the NS in its analysis of external stakeholders (e.g. the UN) and advises, as appropriate, on decisions whether to form operational agreements with them.
Selection requirements and experience:
- University degree (preferably Communication/Political Science) or equivalent experience (min.10 years in partnership related field).
- Professional experience in program and team management
- 6 Year work experience in a similar field
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, negotiation, networking and team leadership skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Confirmed capacity to analyze the political and social environment
- Strong capacity to work independently
- Having experience working with the International Red Cross-Red Crescent Movement component is added value
- Able to travel domestically or abroad with possibility to travel to remote areas.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work, with capacity to engage, persuade and influence others
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain partnerships at different levels with external Partners
- Proven Management and leadership skills
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a unique humanitarian institution in an international environment and also:
- Initial training and on-boarding
- A competitive salary with benefits
Starting date: September 2018
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Specify position name at your email title)
Deadline for applications: 23 July 2018
(Only short-listed candidates will be contacted)