The ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta seeks to fill the following position:
Information Management Coordinator (100%)
Based in Jakarta and covering Indonesia, Philippines, Fiji, Sri Lanka and Pakistan
The Information Management unit is part of the Archive and Information Management division which sits within the Communication and Information Management Department. The Information Management unit is the focal point at the ICRC for Information Management (below called IM), – which is the ability of the ICRC to produce, capture, manage, preserve, store and deliver the right information to the right people at the right time. Its primary mission is to ensure that ICRC employees get the right and timely access to information and to the IM tools they may need.
The role of the IM unit is to enforce, advise, analyze IM problematics, follow up, design systems and accompany colleagues in this matter. It also ensures that all relays and/or persons in charge of IM have the adequate training and develop their competencies.
In order to provide a better and closer support to end-users, the IM unit has decided to review the IM organizational model in the field and to pilot a new setup in the Asia and Pacific Region in 2018. New positions of Information Management Coordinator (IMCo) are open in Bangkok, Djakarta Dhaka and Dushanbe.. This new set up aims at improving as well as coordinating with the different sectors operating around information management (data, data protection, IT, etc.) to provide a coherent support to delegations on issues such as security of information, data management and data protection.
The IMCo works under the coordination of the Head of Information Management Region based in Bangkok. S-he is responsible for the coherence of information life cycle (from the creation of the information to its conservation) in the delegations s-he is responsible for. Based in Jakarta with frequent travels in the delegations covered, up to 75% of her-his time. This position might be asked to cover IM in emergency situations when needed (meaning travel on short notice).
- ensures coherence in information management practices in the delegation(s) s/he is responsible for; s-he conducts regular visits to those delegations;
- reviews, with each department, the IM processes and needs to improve information management (share, co-working, access rules, mobility, information handling, data protection, security…)
- provides expertise on ICRC information management processes, rules, guidelines and tools, taking into consideration as well the security and the data protection rules; researches and develops approaches needed to assure information security
- develops internal collaboration and synergies with other positions such as data management or ICT positions to ensure that IM guidelines and rules are applied;
- ensures a consistent approach and that consolidated answers are given on all IM related subjects;
- is the reference person for main assistants, managers and coordinators for all IM related questions;
- coordinates and implements IM guidelines and practices, ensuring their consistency;
- based on current and future processes, proposes and implements solutions to improve the management of the information life cycle, especially the capture of all records that are relevant for the ICRC;
- contributes to the global regional thinking and orientations regarding IM strategies and tools;
- ensures compliance with information and data security and other institutional rules;
- organizes sessions to explain information management strategies and principles to the managers and assistants and ensures that they are understood;
- supports the respective main assistants to implement adapted solutions, to deploy IM rules, policies, guidelines, processes and tools and to accompany the change management processes; implements, promotes and monitors IM projects and tools.
- acts as functional/technical supervisor for main assistants of the delegations s/he covers.
Selection requirements and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position at ICRC or in a large or international organization/company
- Fully conversant with MS Office, IBM Lotus Notes and SharePoint
- Very good command of English
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information management, information science or data management: an asset
- Experience participating in the definition and/or implementation of change processes: an asset
- Strong motivation to humanitarian work, service oriented mindset and sense of accountability
- Critical thinking, problem analysis/solving skills
- Good organizational/planning/monitoring skills, sense of priority
- Robust leadership, partnering and interpersonal skills, capacity to engage at all levels
- Discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication skills and capacity to influence positively change
- Ability to listen to the needs of users and ask questions to understand their concerns
- Sense of initiative
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment
- A competitive salary with benefits with initial one-year of employment contract
Preferred start: 1st July 2018
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Specify position name at your email title)
Attn: Human Resources Department
Deadline for applications: 30 May 2018