The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and its partners invite persons with disabilities, designers, engineers, humanitarians and entrepreneurs to join forces for ‘Enable Makeathon 2’ and develop affordable assistive solutions for persons with disabilities.
The Enable Makeathon 2.0 is an intensive innovation programme that takes place from November 2017 to January 2018. We enable innovators to translate their ideas into action by accompanying teams with fresh ideas from the ideation phase to the impact phase. Innovators benefit from an intensive co-creation camp with mentors, experts and makers to develop a solid business plan and prototypes. They have the possibility to win one of the three Enable Makeathon prizes to translate their idea into action.
Enable Makeathon co-creation camps and incubation will take place in two simultaneous locations; Bengaluru, India hosted by the ICRC and London, UK hosted by the Global Disability Innovation Hub and University College London.
As a participant you will receive:
• Guidance and insight from persons with disabilities when testing your prototypes
• Design, fabrication /prototyping expertise and support at a 15 day co-creation camp
• Business advice and connections to investors
• Connections to an ecosystem of players working on innovation in the disability space
• Exposure of your work via the press and social media
Please refer to the challenges on our website for which we are crowdsourcing solutions this year. The last date for applications is 8 October 2017.
To apply click here.
If you have any questions write to firstname.lastname@example.org.