ICRC detention visits aim to ensure that prisoners are treated with dignity and humanity.
- 66 visits to 26 places of detention (central prisons, criminal investigation departments and security places of detention) to evaluate the conditions.
- Vocational training for 60 detainees
- Distribution of blankets and/or mattresses to 2300 detainees
- Improvement of Mogadishu and Baidoa central prisons’ primary health care services (2,833 detainees were visited and 3,665 consultations carried out)
- Hygiene sensitisation to 4,000 detainees in 16 places of detention
- Drilling of a new borehole in Garowe Central Prison, rehabilitation of the kitchen and sanitation facilities in Baidoa and Beletweyn prisons, and building a new recreation space in Galkayo North Central Prison
- Assisting 22 foreign detainees by notifying their respective embassies of their whereabouts AND getting in touch with their relatives abroad.