The Regional Delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the Press Institute of India (PII) are accepting submissions for the 16th edition of the PII-ICRC Annual Awards for Best Article and Best Photograph. The PII and ICRC hold these awards annually to recognize and promote outstanding humanitarian reporting by journalists and photojournalists.
The theme for this year’s edition is ‘Covering Climate Change: Humanitarian Crisis in Focus’.
If you have written an article or clicked a photograph on this theme, and if it has been published in an Indian national or regional newspaper, magazine or website between 1 April 2021 and 30 June 2022, then send us your entry by 31 August 2022.
The results will be announced by November 2022.
In both categories, the first prize is INR 1,00,000, the second prize INR 70,000 and the third prize INR 40,000.
Terms and conditions:
- Entries should be emailed to email@example.com or sent to Press Institute of India, RIND Premises, Second Main Road, Taramani CPT Campus, Chennai – 600113 by 31 August 2022.
- The article/photo should have been published in a national or regional newspaper, magazine or website of repute in India between 1 April 2021 and 30 June 2022.
- An exact English translation is mandatory for all articles printed in regional languages.
- Emails must carry the online link to the story and the article must also be attached as a PDF.
- Only one entry per individual is permitted in either category.
- Participants will have to submit proof of their entries in the respective newspaper, magazine or website.
- Family members/relatives of the jury and organizers are not eligible for participation.
- The decision of the jury will be final.
For any clarifications, please contact:
Director and Editor
Press Institute of India
Mobile: +91 9042231343
Landline: +91 11 42211000