The Premises Responsible is responsible for premises and infrastructures. He/She will be in charge of the management of a premises set-up and infrastructure and will organize and supervise activities for other skilled workers and maintenance related employees. He/She will also participate in lease agreement negotiations for all activities within the countries covered, ensure that systems are in place and operational, and provide support following the ICRC guidelines and standards.
The key responsibilities of the position holder would be:
- Understands the real estate market and carries out independent screening and selection of potential accommodation premises.
- Assists in premises management at the level of the sub-delegation/office.
- Proposes solutions, based on anticipated HR dispositive, for residences and/or offices occupancy, including required furniture and fixtures, with the F&A Manager.
- Maintains a network of interlocutors, including owners, city authorities, contractors and consultants.
- Contributes to define and implement standards in security, hygiene and maintenance of the premises.
- Keeps track of the lease termination/extension of the premises.
- Decommissions the apartments handover at the end of the lease contract after due diligence.
- Ensures the apartments are in good condition and proper maintenance and service is provided.
- Responsible for regular updates of the standard list of items and its compliance with the general ICRC standards.
- Supervises the management and administration of the Maintenance help desk (STMs).
- Responsible for the management of equipment and the office key inventory.
- Ensures that technical and maintenance services are provided/performed as required.
- Coordinates emergency work/support on holidays and weekends
- Supervises/supports the management of services provided by the housekeeping division and premises team members, including external service providers.
- Approves/contributes domestic staff’s proposed schedules/duty roasters and ensures optimum organization and service rendered.
- Ensures passive security measures on all premises, including updating the evacuation plan.
- Coordinates and manages the security of the Delegation with the outsourced security company.
- Knows, respects and applies the financial rules and regulations of the Delegation.
- Performs cost analysis, defines strategies to improve cost-efficiency and suggests measures for cost-efficient services, including annual requirement/budget.
- Supervises the premise’s inherent re-cycle processes (wastepaper re-cycling, composting).
- Ensures energy efficiency and maintains required statistics.
- Provides necessary support to all departments for conducting events and programs.
- Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
- Applies the security rules at all times.
- Respects and observes the staff regulations of the ICRC.
- Is aware of activities of other departments and maintains regular contacts.
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description, and provide support to other departments when necessary.
Required qualification and experience:
- University degree or equivalent.
- Five years of work experience in a similar field.
- Excellent ability to prioritize, plan and organize work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage a network of external interlocutors.
- A creative, flexible, dynamic, empathetic, solution-oriented and innovative personality.
- Willingness and availability to travel (as and when required).
- Strength and ability to support team members effectively and create a conducive working environment.
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organization. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter, comprehensive CV, work certificates, and salary expectations. It is mandatory to specify the notice period on email@example.com & ICRC.HRCARE@gmail.com
Position open to Indian nationals only.
Last date of sending application: 29 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.