The Regional Communication Centre in New Delhi is looking to hire several external English-language editors. These are external, freelance positions predominantly working-from-home. As an editor, you will be responsible for preparing texts and communication products for publication.
Demonstrable skills and experience:
- Ideally, 3–5 years of professional editing experience.
- Experience in adhering to a corporate, editorial style guide.
- Experience in editing a range of texts aimed at a public or general audience.
- Experience in the humanitarian sector or international relations (considered an advantage).
About the role:
This role involves editing texts and documents so that they are of high quality for final publication. It is not a journalistic role, and it goes far beyond proofreading. As an editor, you will be required to:
- Rewrite the text, if necessary, to make the language idiomatic, clear and concise.
- Ensure the English adheres to the ICRC’s English language style guide.
- Correct all typographical, syntactical, grammatical and consistency errors.
- Carry out fact-checking, such as the names of people and places, dates, quotes and publications.
- Highlight any substantive issues for follow-up with the author.
- Ensure the texts are written in accordance with our Fundamental Principles.
Please note that successful candidates may be required to edit assignments at short notice.
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organization. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
To apply, please send in your most recent CV to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be required to take an editorial test.
Position open to Indian nationals only.
Last date of sending application: 26 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.