The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a First Aid & Pre-hospital – Field Officer based in New Delhi. The overall function of this position is to provide technical support for capacity-building activities of the personnel involved in pre-hospital and hospital set up to provide emergency medical care following humanitarian values and principles.
• To facilitate and support First Aid and Pre-hospital Emergency Care (FA&PhEC) capacity-building programme and support first aid emergency response.
• To facilitate (FA&PhEC) trainings adapted to the knowledge and skills among the participants and the context of their work.
• To draft curriculum of first aid (FA) trainings for community members/lay persons, FA responders, paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians, nurses and medical doctors involved in providing first aid in pre-hospital and hospital settings to the wounded and acutely sick persons.
• To prepare lesson plans for the sessions covered in the FA&PhEC trainings as per the teaching pedagogy adopted for the trainings (lecture-based vs action-based/scenario-based trainings).
• To develop assessment and evaluation tools for FA&PhEC trainings and to conduct monitoring and evaluation of the training programmes with the support of the trainers.
• To develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and reference documents required for conducting standardized and good-quality FA trainings.
• To provide technical and hands-on support to the trainers involved in cascading FA&PhEC trainings.
• To support standardized continuous education and training programme for FA trainers/FA responders/first aiders.
• To provide technical support to the FA trainers in developing FA educational audio-visual tools and informational, educational and communication tools and messages.
• To support FA trainers by providing technical inputs in drafting resource materials and documents required for the ISO accreditation of the FA trainings and examination.
• To define items for the FA kits for the first aiders and the responders, in line with their role and responsibilities in FA emergency response.
• To support trainers in conducting mock drill exercises involving first aiders/first responders at the community level and the ER staff in the pre-hospital and hospital settings, in line with the mass casualty preparedness plan.
• To support other activities of the health department as required.
- Ensures follow up of all messages and correspondence related to his/her work, in coordination with the Line Manager.
- Ensures timely submission of minutes of meetings, planning of the activities, activity reports, training reports and field-visit reports.
- Ensures proper documentation and filing of reports and communication to all institutional needs.
- Ensures necessary administrative work, including an inventory of the items and timely implementation.
- Applies and complies with all relevant administrative and financial procedures in line with the functions of the position.
Required qualifications & experience:
- University degree or qualification in paramedic science; or nurse/emergency medical technician with a qualification in pre-hospital emergency care or first aid/basic life support.
- 3-5 years experience in first aid/pre-hospital emergency services.
- Technical expertise in training and capacity-building.
- Having good knowledge of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement
- Excellent communication skills and experience in negotiation, networking,
- Able to technically support and coach both mobile and resident FA&PHEC staff.
- Flexible and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to withstand stress due to potentially changing context, including the inability to access programme areas.
- Familiarity with working in fragile environments in different contexts, during acute emergency response is an asset.
- Good planning skills and ability to prioritize as well as meet deadlines.
- Computer literate.
- Experience with project management responsibilities.
- Previous experience in pre-hospital/FA training in the RCRC movement.
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations will be an asset.
- Technical experience in organizational development, project cycle management and results-based management.
- Experience in delivering university-level courses.
What we offer:
- A dynamic job in an exciting international environment with abundant training opportunities.
- Regular and continuous prospects for capacity-building.
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization.
- Stimulating benefits package, including health insurance.
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organization. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter, comprehensive CV, work certificates and salary expectations at ICRC.HRCARE@gmail.com.
Position open to Indian nationals only.
Last Date of sending application: 04 March 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.