PROVISION OF ELECTRICAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES IN SOMALIA
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) undertakes construction and renovation projects throughout Somalia, including in hospitals and prisons. Some of the work comprises electrical renovation or installation, for which technical designs and related services are required.
The ICRC wishes to identify reputable companies that can provide high quality services as follows:
- Create electrical designs/schematics for entire buildings or premises (for new or existing systems), and provide such designs in AutoCAD format. Designs should comply with the following standards:
- BS 7671: 2008 Requirements for Electrical Installations (17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations)
- BS 5486: Part 1
- BS EN 60439-1 Type Tested Assemblies
- Provide associated Bills of Quantities for such designs, with cost estimates;
- Calculate power loads/requirements for such systems, with recommendations on appropriate power sources (generators, solar, etc.), and their ratings;
- Ensure all designs take into account the environment in which they will be used, with a strong emphasis on safety, durability, and ease of maintenance.
Selected suppliers would be integrated into the ICRC pool of suppliers and invited to tender for relevant projects. A contract would then be signed with the successful supplier for each call for tender.
To this end, the ICRC now seeks Expression of Interest from eligible companies/consultants, for the provision of the above services.
Interested companies should submit the following documents:
- Letter of Expression of Interest – signed and stamped;
- Detailed company profile indicating the type of business, verifiable previous experience, areas of operation and contacts details (physical address, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, contact persons);
- A list of key staff, including copies of their curricula vitae (CV);
- Copies of registration certificates and business licenses.
In order to be eligible to be invited to submit a tender, it is required to submit all of the above named documents
The submissions must be sent (scanned copies) by email to this Tender Box email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday 24/09/2017 at 16:00 East African time
Please mention the title “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST, Electrical Consultancy Services, Somalia” in the subject of the message.
All submissions received will be held in confidence. Files submitted after the specified due date are deemed to be ineligible. All participants will be notified of the result of the selection process once it has concluded.
Selected companies might be asked to bring, or sign, additional documents as per ICRC procurement procedures. We thank you for your anticipated co-operation.