In the turmoil of disaster and conflict, family members can be separated. The ICRC, the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) and the network of National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies try to locate people and put them back into contact with their relatives.
- 31,282 Red Cross Messages (RCM) were exchanged between family members
- 27,000 phone calls benefited displaced persons in Mogadishu in order to speak with their families
- Facilitated 3 video calls between a person detained at Guantanamo Bay with his family in Somalia
- Issued 10 Travel Documents
- 9,000 persons who were tracing a family member, had the names of their missing relatives read out on the “Missing Persons” program on the BBC Somali service radio