As a team member of the ICRC Legal department, you will:
- Provide legal advice on the applicable national and international legal frameworks and norms in relation to the delegation operational priorities and activities and contributes to the formulation of strategies.
- Monitor the development of relevant international, domestic and policy frameworks, mostly in the field of detention, or any other as required.
- Performs independent research and analysis of specific legal matters under international law and/ or Israeli domestic law.
- Follows up on the national implementation of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and relevant international human rights law (IHRL) norms.
- Develops and maintains a network at general and high levels within the academic, government and civil society/NGOs circles.
- Disseminates IHL at an expert level and organises programmes with academic institutions, notably the National IHL Competition.
- Advises on socio-geo-political and legal aspects of delegation strategy and operations.
- Education and professional experience requirements:
- University degree in IHL, Master’s degree an advantage.
- Member of the Israeli Bar association.
- Fluent in Hebrew and English, Arabic an advantage.
- 3–5 years’ working experience in a similar function.
- Working experience in government or the judicial sector an advantage.
- ICRC experience or oversea’s experience in a multicultural environment an advantage.
- Teaching/dissemination experience, including at academic level.
- Connections to government and academic circles, including own network of interlocutors
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Please submit in English, to email@example.com until 10/06/2019:
- Motivation letter setting out why you are the suitable person for this role.
Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email