• Handles all customs formalities as per country regulations/laws and according to ICRC practices and guidelines
• Monitors and ensures that all goods to be imported and exported are handled properly
• Deals with forwarding and clearing agents, airlines, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Trade, Civil Administration, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Communications, Ministry of Health and Tax and Customs Authorities
• Clears and forwards all incoming and outgoing goods (incl. personal effects) of the ICRC Delegation and its staff members by road, sea and air from the different official entry and exit points
• Manages the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities
• Anticipates, researches and reports on future changes in import/export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensures such knowledge is factored into the planning of the department’s strategy, resources and procedures
• Advises the Logistics Coordinator and relevant colleagues of all procedural developments regarding incoming and outgoing goods
• Ensures the proper handling of all Diplomatic Pouches including domestic ones
• Coordinates the importation/exportation of vehicles with the relevant authorities
• Keeps and ensures proper filing of all relevant documents in order to ensure full accountability and transparency
• University degree or professional diploma in related field
• 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar field
• Good knowledge of the Israeli Customs Processes
• Good knowledge of SHAAR OLAMI (Custom System)
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• Excellent knowledge of Hebrew
• Good computer skills
• Knowledge of logistics and supply chain activities
• Valid driving License
Ideal start date 15 June, working hours 8:00-16:00 (some flexibility available). Initial contract for 6 months.
Please submit in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org until 3/06/2018:
1. Motivation letter setting out why you are the suitable person for this role.
Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email.