The ICRC Regional Delegation in New Delhi seeks to fill the following position:
The Regional Communication Centre (RCC) Manager 1 will head a team that supports ICRC efforts to position itself and increase acceptance of its mission, strategic objectives and activities in the given region (Asia-Pacific). They will oversee the provision of communication services such as production/distribution/promotion of publications and promotional products, language services, digital marketing and web publishing, and other communication advice to over 14 delegations in the region
Your responsibilities and main tasks:
- Work closely with heads of communication at the delegations in the region, helping them achieve their local communication strategies and plans.
- Provide relevant support and promote RCC services to heads of communication departments, regularly evaluating the quality of services provided and ensuring the support matches the client needs.
- Keep track of delegations’ communication strategies and focus, local and regional challenges, and communication needs. When appropriate, contribute to delegations’ communication strategies.
- Draft the RCC strategy and contribute to annual institutional planning/budgeting exercise, in line with ICRC regional and global operational priorities and strategies.
- Support RCC specialists (print & promotional items, language services, graphic design, digital marketing and web development) to develop a regional/global strategy in their respective areas of expertise.
- Ensure that RCC team members follow procedures elaborated by Headquarters and respect established work flows between HQ, RCC and the delegations. Ensure the optimal use of resources and help implement long-term planning tools such as the field production book to further improve services.
- Ensure the client delegations have the support they need for the recruitment of their communication staff.
- Play an active role in the global RCC network and maintain relations with other RCCs.
- Identify and develop relevant regional products to meet specific objectives.
- Ensure the quality of printed communication tools and their compliance with the ICRC’s Corporate Visual Identity and English language Style Guide.
- Carry out visits to delegations to provide project support, coaching and training, where needed, and organize regional workshops within the field of RCC’s expertise.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- University degree in communication or similar field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer knowledge. Familiarity with online and social media tools.
- 10 years’ relevant professional experience, prior experience at the ICRC or other humanitarian / aid organizations will be a strong asset.
- At least three-year team management experience is a must
- Confirmed experience in communication project management in the area of corporate services, including strategic planning and budget management.
- Experience of managing a structure providing a range of services an asset.
- Good knowledge of print and digital production processes, graphic design principles, language editing processes and digital marketing basics.
- Should possess excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity and high standard of personal conduct.
- Should possess good skills in PR, public speaking, negotiation & networking.
- Available for extensive field visits and willing to work in difficult zones.
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognise that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organisation. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter, comprehensive CV, work certificates and salary expectations, on ICRC.HRCARE@gmail.com
Position open to Indian Nationals Only
Last Date of sending application: 15 January 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.