Premises Responsible coordinates and is responsible for premises and infrastructures, in charge of the management of a major premises set-up and infrastructure, organizes and supervises activities for other skilled workers and maintenance related employees, participates in lease agreement negotiations for all activities within the countries covered. He/She ensures that systems are in place and operational and support in accordance with the ICRC guidelines and standards. He elaborates appropriate planning and effective use of resources in the country and serves as the main link between premises team under his direct supervision. He/she is to make sure that ICRC perimeters concerning compliance are properly followed up with, checked and adhered to.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS:
- Understand and knows the real estate market, carries out independently screening and selection of potential accommodation premises
- Jointly with the Head of Logistics carries out search for warehouse
- Jointly with FAD Manager and the HoRD carries out search for office space
- Supervises and assists in premises management at the level of the sub delegation/office
- Based on anticipated HR dispositive proposes solutions for residences and / or offices occupancy to the FAD Manager. Independently carries out negotiations of rentals of premises and allied services with landlords and in specific cases (warehouse, office) seconds the FAD Manager in final negotiations
- Negotiates, drafts and submits for signature lease agreements in the interest of the Institution.
- Proposes and implements improvements to premises ensuring appropriate agreements from Landlords, city authorities…
- Maintains a network of interlocutors such as owners, city authorities, contractors, consultants…
- Autonomously defines and implements standards in security, hygiene and maintenance of the premises.
- Overseas that the apartments for mobile staff are set up as per the standard requirements.
- Keeping track of the lease termination/ extension of the premises and negotiating with the owners in case of the extension at the rate which is in the interest of the institution.
- Decommissioning the apartments handover at the end of lease contract after due diligence. Negotiating till conclusion the financial complexities of the termination of the contract..
- Follow up and analyses the work space requirements and proposes adequate optimisation measures.
- Liaises with and autonomously conducts discussions and negotiations on technical level with external consultants (architects, structural engineers), related to various projects (adaptations, enhancements) and other construction related works in the Delegation office.
MANAGEMENT OF PREMISES
- To ensure the apartments are in good condition and proper maintenance and services is provided.
- To Ensure ICRC rules on premises management are followed and respected to prevent any misuse of the premises, assets and services
- Supervises Monthly Premises list update for month end closing
- Supervises that the furniture and fixtures are managed as per the requirement
- Manages the FSS for the ordering of the items and follow up till delivery
- Responsible for regular update of the standard list of items and its compliance with the general ICRC standards
- Providing support to sub delegation in the management of the premises
- Supervision of the management of the services provided by housekeeping division
- Delegates to and supervises the work of the Assistant Premises Responsible.
- Supervision of the management and administrating the Maintenance help desk (STMs).
- Supervision of the management of inventory of the equipment’s and office key inventory
MANAGEMENT OF SERVICES
- Autonomously responsible to ensure that technical and maintenance services are provided/performed as per requirements.
- Coordinates the emergency works/support on holidays and weekends
- Follows up on execution of the premises related annual maintenance contracts
- Assumes premises inherent responsibilities with regard to compliance with the logistics and financial procedures
- Supervises the management of services, for specific cases in the sub delegations
- Independently supervises all the department’s activities and the team (total of 28 staff- includes one assistant, three technical team and 24 housekeeping staff)
- Proposes modification of job descriptions and career management steps- training, promotions, etc. including for the staff in sub delegations
- Validates performance appraisals of the housekeeping staff.
- Prepares performance appraisals for the Assistant Head of Premises department and the Head of Maintenance team.
- Manages conflicts and disputes within department, when important seeks for FAD Manager and HR support
- Ensures correct implementation of the staff regulations in his department (i.e. overtime, holidays, etc.).
- Approves proposed schedules/duty roasters of domestic staff and ensures optimum organisation and service rendered.
- In order to secure the optimal usage of resources analyses the Premises department staff requirements, initiates and participates in the recruitment process.
- Establishes the organization chart of his Department and keeps it up to date
- Autonomously in charge of passive security measures in all Premises.
- Responsible for structural appraisals for the apartment with the experts
- Premises Neighbours study with coordination of Security Manager.
- Responsible for updating the evacuation plan in the office.
- Coordinates and manages the security of the delegation with the outsourced security company.
- Ensures schedules & checks of the security guards in the Delegation and HOD residence
- Knows, respects and applies financial rules and regulations of the Delegation.
- Prepares Allocation of Expenditures for rental of new premises and submits to Finance Department.
- Approves invoices and monitors expenses of his department in line with the Financial Rules.
- Participates in the establishment of the yearly budget.
- Performs cost analysis and defines strategies to improve cost efficiency and suggest measures for cost efficient services.
- Supervises the premises inherent re-cycle processes (waste paper re-recycle, composting)
- Ensures the energy efficiency.
- Ensures the data of consumptions of electricity, water, gas for sharing with department in GVA
SUPPORT EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Ensures the human resource to the departments for conducting events and programs.
- Provides and suggesting technical solutions for events and programmes.
- Provides material from ex stock or from various service providers to facilitate the event
- Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Applies the security rules at all times
- Respects and observes the staff regulations of the ICRC
- Is aware of activities of other departments and maintains regular contacts
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced University degree or equivalent
- 8 years work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Management and training skills
Excellent analytical skills
STANDARD FUNTIONS DESCRIPTIONS:
- Assumes main responsibilities for/ department/ projects / programs of importance in various, complex fields independently
- Contributes to the formulation of strategies to address identified issues
- Manages staff if existent
- In charge of department /project/program reporting
- Participates in PFR and budget elaboration and monitors its implementation
- Maintains regular contacts with various external interlocutors
- Excellent ability to prioritize, plan and organize work
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good analytical and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage a network of external interlocutors
- A creative, flexible, dynamic, empathetic, solution-oriented and innovative personality
- Willingness and availability to travel (as an when required)
- Strength and ability to support team members effectively and to create a conducive working environment.
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognise that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organization. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter, comprehensive CV, work certificates and salary expectations, on firstname.lastname@example.org & ICRC.HRCARE@gmail.com
Position open to Indian nationals only
Last Date of sending application: 08 July 2021