Buyer supports the procurement process in India in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations. Also makes sure that ICRC rules concerning compliance are understood and respected. He/She handles current purchases for specific sectors to ensure operational continuity, submits various offers to logistic department or administration and ensures purchasing follow-up and supervises/carries out statistics related to purchasing in accordance with the ICRC guidelines and standards. He/she is to ensures that ICRC Logistics perimeters concerning compliance are properly followed up with, checked and adhered to.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS:
Buyer 1 (70% – Goods & Services, Quality Control 20%, Technical Support to Dispatch 10%)
Conducts research into the availability of goods and services.
- Independently carries out ordinary procurement for specific sector(s).
- Drafts requests for tenders/quotes, selection tables and contracts and submits them to their hierarchical superior.
- Carry out purchases as per Procurement Manual & Logistics Field Manual
- Follows up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they conform to specifications and contract details.
- Receives goods and checks that they correspond to quantities and quality ordered.
- Responsible for processing, managing and closing of all POs in FSS/IRIS
- Follow-up on Profile. Scan and upload related documents to ensure compliance
- Participates in updating statistics and reporting.
- Develop new vendors by exploring market and take full advantage of technology
- Carry out the initial due diligence and interest of vendors and guide vendors about ICRC rules and procedures
- Ensure that Vendor Registration Form / ICRC general conditions of purchasing / work are signed by all vendors
- Visit suppliers and participation in supplier validation process
- Ensure that supplier files are regularly updated for all yearly purchases above CHF 20,000.
QUALITY TECHNICIAN (20%)
- Supervises the quality-control process (documentation, equipment management and training).
- Monitors and follows up on aspects of supplier-relationship management (SRM) linked to the quality-control and assessment processes; maintains dashboard, charts and KPIs on the quality-management system’s performance.
- Approves and releases inspection reports (reference-samples testing, internal quality control and lab reports) and supervises the approval process for quality-control and assessment reports.
- Assesses test laboratories and suppliers on Quality, Social and Environmental requirements.
- Records and follows up on the monitoring-customer-complaints (MCC) process.
- Gives feedback and suggests improvements to the Buyers based on quality-control findings.
- Advises on product acceptance, nonconforming products management and specification improvements.
- Ensures that the JD Edwards quality-control module is properly used after its implementation in India.
- Reviews current work practices to identify areas in which the quality-management process could be improved and developed.
- Is responsible for training the Quality Controllers, the Quality Officers and other staff involved in the quality-management process in coordination with the Deputy Quality Manager.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO DISPATCH (10%)
- Be available to train the dispatcher where and when required.
- Should provide technical support and guidance to the dispatcher when required.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in procurement and supply chain management.
- 6 Years’ experience in international procurement.
- Knowledge of quality management an asset.
- Degree in agronomy, computer science or civil, electrical, mechanical or electrotechnical an asset
- Professional knowledge of a specific category of products.
- Professional knowledge enterprise resource planning software an asset.
- Proficiency in supply software.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognise that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organization. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter, comprehensive CV, work certificates and salary expectations, on firstname.lastname@example.org & ICRC.HRCARE@gmail.com
Position open to Indian nationals only
Last Date of sending application: 08 July 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.