The First Aid Advisor would be a Consultant of the ICRC seconded to the Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS).
The Indian Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organisation with a network of more than 1100 branches and units throughout the country, providing relief in times of disasters/emergencies and promoting a range of long-term services in areas such as health and care, disaster risk reduction, social inclusion, youth and volunteering.
The primary function of this position will be to provide support and coordination for the First Aid (FA) activities of the IRCS, including training programmes and services during any emergency at par with national and international standards, under the direct supervision of Director Blood Bank and the Health Focal Person, National Headquarters (NHQ), IRCS.
Responsibilities and main tasks:
1. To coordinate and support the IRCS state branches and other stakeholder institutions for the FA activities supported by the NHQ, IRCS, including FA training programmes, FA posts, community-based FA activities, including mock drills, FA services during any emergency.
2. To support the IRCS state branches in developing and implementing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and guidelines issued by the IRCS NHQ towards quality assurance of FA training programmes for the IRCS trainers, staff and the volunteers.
3. To support IRCS state branches to follow project cycle management, including assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting for the FA activities.
4. To support IRCS state branches in harmonising FA activities under different IRCS programmes, including Social Emergency Response Volunteer Programme, Youth and Junior Red Cross FA programmes, FAST.
5. To have regular follow-up, organise coordination and review meetings with the IRCS state branches for FA activities supported by the NHQ, IRCS under the guidance of supervisor.
6. Responsible for consolidating, documenting and filing of the reports of the FA activities from IRCS state branches.
7. Responsible for preparing minutes of meetings, field visits and quarterly reports on physical and financial implementation of the FA activities.
8. Responsible for consolidating information and documents for the accreditation of the IRCS FA training programmes.
9. Ensure timely fund transfer, financial reporting and other administrative task for the FA activities.
Required qualification & experience:
• Graduate degree preferably medical/paramedical graduate from a recognised university
• Minimum five years of experience in community-based programme, including trainings preferably First Aid trainings
• Minimum five years of experience in project management involving networking with stakeholders candidates who have worked in the Red Cross Movement or similar organizations will be preferred
• Well-versed in using computer software such as MS Office, etc.
• Should possess excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
• Integrity and high standard of personal conduct
• Oral and written fluency in English language
• Should possess good skills in PR, public speaking, negotiation & networking
• Available for extensive field visits and willing to work in difficult zone
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognise that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organisation. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter, comprehensive CV, work certificates and salary expectations on DEL_HR_SERVICES@ICRC.ORG. This position is open to Indian Nationals only.
Last date of sending application: 07 February, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.