The Regional Communication Centre (RCC) manager heads a team that supports the ICRC’s positioning, visibility and acceptance in the region. Working in close cooperation with the Headquarters, the RCC provides strategic communication support in the field of print/audiovisual/promotional products, digital publishing and communication advice to ICRC delegations in the region.
Your responsibilities and main tasks:
- Work closely with heads of communication departments and/or relevant communication officers of client delegations and support them in enhancing the reputation of the ICRC in the region and furthering objectives of their communication strategy.
- Provide adapted and relevant support and promote RCC services to heads of communication departments and/or communication officers of client delegations. Regularly evaluate quality of services provided and ensure that support corresponds to client needs.
- Keep track of delegations’ communication strategies and focus, local and regional challenges, and communication needs. When appropriate, contribute to delegations’ communication strategies.
- Draft the RCC strategy and contribute to the PfR (Planning for Results) in line with operational priorities and strategies of the organization at regional and global levels. Manage the overall RCC activities according to a plan of action.
- Support RCC specialists (print, promotional items and language services) to develop a regional strategy on their respective areas of expertise.
- Ensure that RCC team members follow procedures elaborated by CIM at HQ and respect established workflows between HQ, RCC and the delegations. Ensure the optimal use of resources. Implement new long-term planning tools such as the field production book to further improve services.
- Ensure the client delegations have the support they need for the recruitment of their communication staff.
- Play an active role in the Global RCC Network and common projects and maintain relations with other RCCs.
- Identify and develop relevant regional products – publications, promotional items – to meet objectives of local and regional communication strategies and needs.
- Ensure the quality of printed communication tools and their compliance with the ICRC’s Corporate Visual Identity.
- Plan missions to delegations to provide on-the-spot project support, coaching and training where needed and organize regional workshops within field of expertise.
Required qualification and experience:
University degree in communication or similar field, fluent in written and spoken English.
Excellent computer knowledge. Familiarity with online and social media tools.
Ten years relevant professional experience, prior experience at the ICRC or other humanitarian / aid organizations will be a strong asset.
Confirmed experience in communication project management in the area of corporate services, including strategic planning and budget management.
Experience of managing a team is a must.
Experience of managing a structure providing a range of services an asset.
Good knowledge of print and digital production processes.
- Should possess excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity and high standard of personal conduct.
- Oral and written fluency in English language.
- Should possess good skills in PR, public speaking, negotiation & networking.
- Available for extensive field visits and willing to work in difficult zones.
ICRC is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognise that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organisation. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter, comprehensive CV, work certificates and salary expectations to ICRC.HRCARE@gmail.com.
This position is open to Indian nationals only. The last date of sending the application is 26th August 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.