The Regional Communication Centre (RCC) of the ICRC in New Delhi currently provides communication support to the ICRC delegations in the Asia Pacific region. We are looking for a talented, creative and experienced print graphic designer to join the team. Under the supervision of the Head of RCC, the print graphic designer will be designing print material within the visual identity of the ICRC (books, PDFs, flyers, brochures, campaign material), liaising with communication and fund-raising departments in delegations globally and at HQ in Geneva. S/he, along with the Head of RCC, will also reach out to Communication colleagues to provide support and guidance on how to enhance and improve the impact of ICRC communication printed tools.
The key responsibilities of the position-holder would be:
- Provide visual content by applying the ICRC’s visual identity locally and globally for a diverse range of print products/PDFs (flyers, posters, publications, roll-ups, presentations, etc.), promotional items (USB keys/cards, etc.) and infographics for regional campaigns.
- Adapt existing Headquarters’ publications to regional contexts.
- Find creative opportunities in (print a/o promotional items) production to support the Communication and Fundraising teams in the region a/o globally to maximise the impact of their communication efforts.
- Coordinate independently with internal clients & ensure compliance with deadlines (negotiating deadlines with clients and monitor progress against planning).
- Design templates as and when necessary (Word, PPT and Publisher).
- Independently develop templates for the ICRC products (printable/PDF, interactive, HTML-based) for use by regional delegations and other global RCCs as necessary.
- Liaise between external suppliers (designers and printers) and internal clients (at delegations/headquarters), checking that the suppliers’ work corresponds to the ICRC expectations in terms of quality and pricing.
- Explore and create a pool of external designers and take responsibility of the associated budget/budget implementation.
Required qualification & experience:
- University degree in multimedia and graphic design communication or professional diploma in digital/print graphic design/visual.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience with a portfolio to match.
- Thorough knowledge of design applications for print (Adobe Creative suite: Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) within a Mac environment.
- Excellent Mac skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud:
# Adobe InDesign
# Adobe Photoshop
# Adobe Illustrator
# Acrobat PDF
- Excellent design-for-print and pre-press knowledge.
- Capacity to produce E-books.
- Ability to take instruction and to follow existing style guides.
- Ability to manage and deal with external suppliers.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office) on PC, to manage interactions with the ICRC software.
- Creative and have the initiative and the capacity to formulate fresh ideas in terms of design while respecting the visual identity.
- Someone with:
# Strong attention to detail and a critical eye
# Strong sense of responsibility, ability to set priorities and to work independently
# Developed organizational, administrative and reporting skills.
# Good negotiation skills
# A good team player with patience, sensitivity, perseverance and the needed dose of self-confidence
- Able to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Able to plan and strictly respect deadlines.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; knowledge of an additional international language would be an asset.
- Willing and available to travel 20% of your time (domestic and international).
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognise that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organisation. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work experience in a humanitarian and international environment.
Applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter and comprehensive CV, along with copies of work certificates, design portfolio and salary expectations, on E-mail ID email@example.com
Last date of sending application: 21 June 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.