Raising awareness and promoting respect for International Humanitarian Law (IHL) during wartime requires its promotion and dissemination in peacetime. To this end and in line with its mandate, the ICRC, in cooperation with the Iranian National Committee on Humanitarian Law(NCHL), the Iranian Red Crescent Society(IRCS), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs(MFA) and other relevant bodies carries out the following activities:
- Supporting the efforts of national authorities, academia, non-governmental organizations, and media professionals to promote IHL through organizing workshops, conferences, round tables, and training sessions.
- Supporting the efforts of national authorities in implementing IHL at a domestic level to ensure respect for IHL.
- Facilitating the participation of a broad spectrum of Iranian experts and national authorities in regional and international events aiming to promote and implement IHL.
- Translating and publishing books and articles in the field of IHL to promote and disseminate international humanitarian law.
- The specialized library in the ICRC Office in Tehran is an enriched source of IHL for researchers in the field of humanitarian law, policy, and action.
- The ICRC also publishes materials on IHL, which are used for educational and research purposes and are publicly accessible.