The Regional Production Officer supports the ICRC’s communication work by ensuring the development and production of institutional and regional communication tools of quality and compliant with the ICRC’s corporate visual identity (print, promotional items and multimedia). In collaboration with the Head of Regional Communication Centre (RCC) in New Delhi, s/he works on expanding and improving existing RCC services, expertise and network in the Asia Pacific region. S/he is the region’s primary print/promotional item production focal point and supports delegations in the region for their print production activities. S/he also supports the promotion and implementation of the field production strategy among client delegations.
Some of the responsibilities and main tasks would be:
* Working directly under the supervision of the Head of RCC, s/he is the region’s primary focal point for all production matters. S/he is responsible for English publications, promotional and printed campaign materials intended to support communication in the region
* In consultation with the Head of RCC in New Delhi and delegations, takes the initiative to produce regional publications, calendars, and promotional items
* Coaches communication officers in order to help them apply the visual identity guidelines to their local products
* Coordinates and plans the yearly field production budgets with delegations and the Language and Publications Unit in Geneva and ensures its proper implementation by delegations throughout the year
* Adapts HQ publications and promotional items to regional needs, notably material for global campaigns
* Organises with logistics and client delegations the print and dispatch of products when printed in New Delhi
* Advises delegations on production procedures, workflows (working with client units, logistics, externals etc.) and the management of stock of communication tools
* Identifies needs for support and delivers distant coaching or onsite training (if and when required) to production officers of the region
* Organises regional workshops on production in coordination with the Language and Publications Unit in Geneva
* Contributes to the development and production of regional and local publications and promotional items of quality and compliant with the ICRC’s corporate visual identity
Required qualification and experience:
* University degree/Masters in communications or marketing
* Over six years work experience in management of print/multimedia projects
* Knowledge of pre-press production workflow and offset/digital technology
* Knowledge of basic design/layout principles including corporate visual identity
* Fluent in written and spoken English; additional knowledge of any Asian language (asset)
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Excellent analytical and writing skills
* Knowledge of design software (InDesign, AI, Photoshop) would be an asset
* Strong sense of responsibility, ability to set priorities
* Good team player with patience, perseverance and self-confidence
* Capacity to work independently showing initiative and innovation
* Capacity to formulate and support implementation of strategies
* Willing to travel, when required, to delegations covered in Asia Pacific
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognise that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organisation. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
The ICRC offers a conducive work environment and rewarding professional experience.
Applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter and comprehensive CV along with copies of work certificates and salary expectations via email ID firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date of sending application: 10 June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.