Reports to the Deputy Head of the Regional Delegation in New Delhi.
The said position facilitates the attainment of institutional objectives aimed at enhancing the provision of instruction in International Humanitarian Law (IHL) to a specialised audience and strengthening relations with institutions relevant for that purpose.
Main Tasks (among others):
- Leads the regular review / development of internal and external strategies based on the objectives of the delegation.
- Oversees and implements disseminations/communication sessions on International Humanitarian Law (IHL) as an expert within India and in countries covered by the Regional Delegation.
- Advises / contributes towards the review / updating of training modules, content of specialist publications and audio-visual tools used for instruction on IHL.
- Develops and maintains various ICRC networks.
- Maintains responsibility for ensuring timely project/programme reporting.
- Leads a team of Programme Managers.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in defence / strategic studies, law, international relations, international law and diplomacy, or in any similar field.
- Previous military career and Peacekeeping experience will be considered as advantages.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and national language(s).
- Ability to engender team work among peers and subordinates.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to network, engage with, and sustain interaction with senior policy elite.
- Self-starter, with the ability to develop new initiatives and drive them to a logical conclusion.
- Resilience and the ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrable ability to motivate team members, forge synergy within them and lead towards achieving set objectives.
ICRC is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognise that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our organisation. We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment to all job applicants with no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race and disability.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their letter of motivation, comprehensive CV, copies of previous work experience certificates and salary expectations on e-mail ID “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
This position is open to Indian nationals only.
Last date of sending application is 29 October 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.