The Regional Communication Centre (RCC) of the ICRC in New Delhi currently provides communication support to the ICRC delegations in the Asia Pacific region. To broaden the panel of its services, we are looking for a Digital (Web) Developer to join the RCC team. Under the supervision of the HoRCC and in coordination with the Geneva based digital team, the Digital (Web) Developer will be responsible for the technical maintenance and improvement of all the ICRC online channels.
Position open only for Indian Nationals
Your responsibilities and main tasks:
- Act as administrator for all ICRC-owned web tools, including Drupal CMS/Wordpress, and hosted services
- Train digital points of contact in the field on all these tools when required.
- Support the Geneva-based digital technology team, liaising with ICT and global Digital Officers.
- In cooperation with the Geneva-based lead Digital Developer, advise the Head of Digital and the Head of Digital Technology on enhancements and website launches, in order to propose the best solution for the business needs.
- You will be expected to have a deep understanding of website, social media, content, and other platforms to ensure an integrated approach to public engagement campaigns in support of the ICRC’s key contexts, issues, and priorities.
- You should be able to solve problems and suggest the best implementation possibilities for the diverse network of sites and users supported by the ICRC’s headquarters Unit
- Monitor trends in tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Support for all website functionality and platform stability.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- University degree or equivalent. A master’s degree in computer science; digital media production; software engineering; web design) or in an appropriate discipline would be an advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in digital and a track record of successfully developing and implementing digital strategies and plans.
- Twyears’ field experience either in the ICRC or a similar organization would be an advantage.
- S/he has excellent skills in English. Knowledge of an additional international language would be a plus.
- S/he has a wide range of technical skills on the following:
- Web page development and styling: HTML, CSS, LESS, SASS,
- Server-side language: PHP,
- Database: MySQL
- Front-end frameworks : Bootstrap
- Content Management Systems : Drupal, WordPress
- Newsletter tools and CRMs: Mailchimp
- Social tools APIs: Twitter API, Facebook API
- Web Servers : WAMP and LAMP
- Map APIs : Google Map, Mapbox, CartoDB
- Web best practices : SEO, UX
- Collaborative tools : SVN, Git, bugtracker (mantis), TFS
- Proficiency in using project management tools (Basecamp, Asana)
- Knowledge of other tools: Solr search engine, Photoshop, Illustrator, Videediting would be a plus.
- S/he has a mastery of project management tools as well as the Agile, Waterfall, and similar project management methodologies.
- The post-holder is a creative, autonomous, flexible, forward-looking, dynamic, empathetic, solution-oriented, and innovative person.
- S/he is a lateral thinker capable of understanding and integrating multiple internal and external perspectives.
- S/he is proficient and enthusiastic about social media, and a user of multiple platforms either professionally or personally.
- S/he is flexible in terms of working hours and available for short missions and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- S/he is dedicated to the mission of the ICRC and the role of humanitarianism in digital conversations.£
- S/he has strong coordination and networking skills with a real capacity to influence decisions.
- We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment.
- Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV, work certificates and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, on e-mail ID “email@example.com“.
Last date of sending applications: 19th March 2017
Position open only for Indian Nationals
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.