Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above mentioned position.
Some of the responsibilities and main tasks would be:
- To regularly interface with the internal senior management liaison working group.
- To engage with, and sustain a cordial and beneficial relationship between the ICRC and the diplomatic machinery of India / States in the region and serve as the primary focal point for understanding, analysing and interpreting their diplomatic ambitions, foreign policy action, external development initiatives / assistance, etc. that can impact on the humanitarian situation in the region and globally.
- To initiate and sustain a productive engagement with, and networking within the policy-making establishment in India and the region as well as identify and leverage on opportunities for organising joint events / projects of mutual interest with key international / multilateral organisations, etc.
- To establish and maintain contact with diplomatic missions, international and multilateral organisations, etc. accredited to India for the institutional benefit of the ICRC especially in leveraging their support for other ICRC delegations in the region.
- To harmonise the multilateral activities of the ICRC delegation in Delhi with those of other delegations in South Asia and to shape and contextualize the delegation’s humanitarian diplomacy strategy consistent with the institutional ambitions of the ICRC.
- To contribute to the ICRC’s regional strategy for developing multilateral relations in cooperation with relevant delegations and appropriate units at Headquarters.
- To coordinate related work done by other in-house departments with various partners and leverage influence to enhance policy work
- To facilitate an understanding and appreciation of the work of the ICRC in India and the region by States in the region, the various multilateral fora, development agencies, Foundations, Trusts, etc.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: International Relations; Law & Diplomacy; Public Policy; Politics & Government; Political Science; History; Development Studies or in any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience performing a similar function in the Public / Civil Service, Think Tank, humanitarian sector, international organisation, donor agency, etc.
- Additionally, it would be advantageous for the candidate were s/he to possess reasonable experience as a thematic specialist on humanitarian policy and diplomacy, international relations, etc within a reputable organisation, at mid to senior management levels; Experience of working in coordination with / or knowledge of other components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement will be considered as an advantage.
- Good computer skills including on PPT and Excel.
- Must have high level networks among the diplomatic community, international organisations, etc.
- The candidate should possess excellent people-centric leadership skills, ability to inspire and motivate; capacity to successfully execute internal & external projects; engage in networking, positioning, relationship management and creativity; excellent drafting and proof-reading skills; presentation skills and ability to enhance interpersonal relations; ability to work as part of a team and with little supervision, and the ability to generate creative solutions to operational challenges.
- Ability to drive a project, think innovatively and provide research leadership.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Confirmed writing and analytical skills (including to deliver analysis or specific studies on topics of regional and global interest at short notice).
- Flexibility and adaptability and the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
The ICRC offers a conducive work environment and rewarding professional experience.
Applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter and comprehensive CV along with copies of work certificates and salary expectations via e-mail ID “email@example.com”
Last date of sending application: 28th February 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.