The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Tel Aviv is recruiting an Israeli media officer and spokesperson
In coordination with the Tel Aviv Head of Communication and in line with the Communication Department in Israel and the Occupied Territories, set-up, enhances the visibility and the public positioning of the ICRC in the Israeli media through strategic planning and outreach and through the development and implementation of various activities and projects.
- Develops communication projects and programmes autonomously
- Outreaches, develops and maintains relations with the Israeli media at various levels autonomously
- Spokesperson of the delegation for Israeli media
- Contributes to the creation, development and production of public communication tools
- Media monitoring/perception mapping.
- Content creation for print/online use.
- Relevant University degree (Communication/ International Relations/ Diplomacy)
- 4 – 6 years work experience in a similar function
- Hebrew mother tongue
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Very good skills in creative writing
- Capacity to work under pressure and in emergency situations
- Confirmed capacity to analyse the political, social and media environment
- Experience in inter-cultural relations and communication
The ICRC is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Beginning of employment to be determined with the candidate.
Please submit in English, to email@example.com until 9.4.2017:
- Motivation letter setting out why you are the suitable person for this role.
Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email.